Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling
(10-06-2023, 02:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Also for the record since no one answered. Luck struggled to come back from...... You guessed it. A left calf strain. He then called it quits. Your body does break down and the more of a beating it takes the harder it is to heal. Sure it's my opinion but it is fact based (which is what I meant when I said factual opinion) and really not some hot take. It's basic anatomy. You've seen the end of great careers due to what you'd think was a minor issue all the time. Why? Because the injuries, the physical toll a sport takes all adds up.

Wrong, sort of. It started out as a calf injury, but it turned into an ankle injury:

https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-gm-andrew-luck-s-calf-injury-is-high-ankle-issue-0ap3000001041194

Also, the injury did not force Luck to retire. Luck retired because he was tired of the injuries; he was certainly capable of recovering from the injury and continuing his career.

You making it sound like that a calf injury forced Luck to retire is just flat out wrong. Are you eager to see Burrow retire or something?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling - PhilHos - 10-06-2023, 02:19 PM