Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
It's Time We Moved on from Burrow
(10-06-2023, 03:03 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: It's not as much as I think Herbert is better than Burrow. But there is an argument to be made that the Bengals would've been better off with Herbert because of the potential trade haul they would've gotten from Miami in exchange for the 1st and settleing with Herbert. It' not that LA ever wanted to trade Herbert and a couple 1sts for Burrow, but if we take the deal from Miami and they get Burrow, then the Bengals likely settle with Herbert given Taylor's time with him in the Senior Bowl.

Most of what i've seen in the Burrow Vs Herbert discussion in this thread seems to forget or ignore that context.  So it's not an apples-to-apples comparison because of the extra draft capital we would've gotten had we traded with Miami and settled with Herbert. 

Think of it like this: Two early first rounds in 21-22 draft could land us Jamar Chase AND Sewell. There wouldn't have been a debate for months about those two.

I find it hard to believe that Herbert wouldn't have been good enough to get us to conference titles with our roster plus 2-3 extra 1sts.

Burrow>Herbert. But Burrow>Herbert, Sewell/Pitts,etc? I wouldn't have cared if the Bengals traded with Miami then, and in retrospect, I can see why some people would still prefer if that trade had actually happend.

The thing is...IF the Bengals drafted Herbert...he might not have developed. Burrow was more the finished product.

I doubt we ended up with Chase AND Sewell.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Time We Moved on from Burrow - THE PISTONS - 10-06-2023, 03:08 PM