Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
It's Time We Moved on from Burrow
(10-06-2023, 09:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: He's just a Chiefs fan masquerading as a Bengal fan trolling the board.

Considering that he joined the boards in 2021 when we were 3-2 and not considered a threat to the Chiefs yet, and we were almost 3 months away from starting this rivalry, I doubt that's the case.

(10-06-2023, 09:47 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The guy is an obvious troll.  Instead of getting rid of him mods are engaging with him, Im sure he is enjoying himself.

We don't ban people for not liking what they say. "Troll" is a word that gets thrown around way too much these days, and our job is to make sure the person is an actual troll before swinging the hammer around. It's very conceivable that a person really wanted Justin Herbert in the draft, and that their stubborn pride won't allow them to admit they were wrong. 

That wouldn't = troll. So we'd need better evidence.

(10-06-2023, 11:56 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah... it's silly. Herbert is really good. Maybe just as good as Burrow. He's definitely less accomplished though, and those are the only tangible facts we have. Kobe was maybe just as good of a player as Michael Jordan. He was less accomplished though. Tangible facts.

Oh... and I HATE YOU JOE BURROW!!!!

MJ was better than Kobe. Even setting championships and various other accomplishments aside, Jordan was a better athlete with bigger hands who put up better stats. Both base stats and advanced stats. That goes for Jordan vs LeBron as well.

(10-06-2023, 12:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm definitely not a Herbert fan, but they're pretty comparable stat-wise.

Let's take out Herbert's and Burrow's rookie year and this year since Burrow as injured those years.
Let's focus on 2021-2022 regular season.

Herbert (34 games):
Attempts - 1371
Completion % - 67.1%
Passing Yards - 9753
Pass TDs - 63
INTs - 25
YPA - 7.1

Burrow (32 games):
Attempts - 1126
Completion % - 69.3%
Passing Yards - 9086
Pass TDs - 69
INTs - 26
YPA - 8.1

I think where Burrow really distinguishes himself above Herbert is his postseason success.

Fair enough. The stats aren't miles apart, but I'd still take Burrow's stats. A full yard of YPA is a pretty huge difference. Also 2% more completions and 6 more TD's on 245 fewer attempts.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's Time We Moved on from Burrow - Shake n Blake - 10-06-2023, 04:07 PM