Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How Is Covid Coming Back?
(10-06-2023, 11:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The vaccine isn't a cure, I know people that have taken it multiple times and have had covid multiple times.

No, the vaccine is not a cure. Insulin doesn’t cure diabetes, either. But, insulin helps manage diabetes and decreases morbidity and mortality.

The vaccine is similar. It is a preventative, not a treatment like insulin, that also helps reduce morbidity and mortality.

Quote:A vaccine should make you immune for a minute you would think, at least that is what I thought for at least a period of time. Sarcasm

It does. Please read my initial post above explaining Covid monitoring here in Georgia if you want more info.

Quote:I got covid, didn't take a vaccine and have been around people with covid without a mask on and I am immune, and they wish they did 
what I did now. Because like you said, I got the antibodies, and I don't believe in those talking heads on the news that lie to me all the 
time telling me a mask helps me. 

The vast majority of patients I’ve seen with Covid have been unvaccinated. It’s not even close. I have seen vaccinated patients get Covid. I’ve seen patients who had Covid get Covid a second and even third time. The patients I’ve seen with Covid multiple times seem to have been equally vaccinated or previously infected.

I’ve seen an entire family cancel a cruise the day of departure because 2 out of 4 got Covid again.

Quote:When the spray from a covid sneeze or cough is so small of a spray it goes right through the mask anyways some of the time and if your 
eyes are not covered it goes right into your eyes which is usually where it transmits from all the Doc's I have listened to.[quote]

That is true, but misleading. The size of the individual virus is small enough to pass through a procedure mask. However, when someone coughs or sneezes the virus is carried in respiratory droplets which are much larger that don’t pass straight through. Also, it takes more than a single virus to cause infection. It requires a viral load (insert load joke here) to cause infection. Surgical or procedure masks reduce (but not totally eliminate) the amount of virus you might give to someone else.

[quote]I just try not to be around older or unhealthy people when I am sick and I think most people should do this.

That’s a good idea. But, if you can’t avoid being around older or unhealthy people wearing a procedure mask, trying to maintain 6 feet distance, limiting your contact time and hand washing are ways you can reduce the chance the catch your infection.

Quote:The masks do very little.

I disagree. It is very frustrating to me that a health issue has been turned into such a political issue.

Quote:Your eyes get it if someone sneezes or coughs on you unless you are immune. You touch your face all the time, and even more messing 
with a mask. But a lot of this is opinion and I know doesn't flow with what everyone hears from the liars on TV. But I have been lied to 
enough to not believe the fake news and just do the opposite and I am right most of the time. If you listen to the liars on the main stream
media you will be wrong most of the time. Shit, even Fox news lies to you and I am a Conservative.

I agree the information has been confusing and contradictory. Especially, when health professionals are political appointees and they make statements which are more about supporting the politicians in office rather than giving the public the unvarnished truth because they want to keep their job. And things have changed as we learn more and as the situation has changed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
How Is Covid Coming Back? - BFritz21 - 10-04-2023, 01:58 PM
RE: How Is Covid Coming Back? - CKwi88 - 10-04-2023, 03:15 PM
RE: How Is Covid Coming Back? - Stewy - 10-04-2023, 03:38 PM
RE: How Is Covid Coming Back? - XenoMorph - 10-05-2023, 11:37 AM
RE: How Is Covid Coming Back? - HarleyDog - 10-05-2023, 04:42 PM
RE: How Is Covid Coming Back? - Millhouse - 10-05-2023, 06:10 PM
RE: How Is Covid Coming Back? - Millhouse - 10-06-2023, 09:42 AM
RE: How Is Covid Coming Back? - Millhouse - 10-07-2023, 09:52 AM
RE: How Is Covid Coming Back? - bfine32 - 10-05-2023, 08:01 PM
RE: How Is Covid Coming Back? - BFritz21 - 10-06-2023, 11:55 PM