Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling
(10-06-2023, 07:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well you the one saying all this about the calf injury/its severity/soft tissues injuries/healing etc. I haven't said or got into the specifics of any of that. That is like I said what everyone else is talking about. 

Maybe they'll take note professor when bringing up his calf and how it has effected his play.

In the mean time I'll maintain beatings take a toll on the body and eventually catch up to athletes. As we've seen since the invention of sports. Burrow looks ruined (facts given his stats, and play which is the worse it's ever been), others highlight unknowingly supporting my claims by pointing to it being because of the calf calf (them bringing up the injury.....) so he looks ruined due to injury. Which is all I said and accurate.

I'm the one stating facts. What do I have to prove. Those who say he isn't need to be the ones showing proof (they couldn't even wait to he bounced back to tell me I'm wrong). They can't point to anything like I can to say I'm wrong right now because they are basing their opinion on wishful thinking and hope. Which I get. But save your anatomy / physiology lecture for them since they are focused on the calf/injury/recovery.

Can you speak on the severity of the initial injury and the rumored setback?

Basically, what you've stated is that this calf injury has triggered a decline that was imminent due to a list of previous injuries, despite Burrow only being 26 years old and playing at an elite level right up until the end of last year, instead of simply realizing that a calf injury impairs his ability to move and plant/push off his back leg while throwing; which is the thing that actually explains why he's not looked like himself this year. 

You're taking a predisposed idea--repeated beatings--and using an injury that didn't even come from contact, to support an argument that is already weak because he's had one major injury and the typical dings that all NFL players endure. Then to top it off, you're using Andrew Luck as an example when the comparison is apples and oranges, doing all of this while Burrow is being sacked at a lower rate over the last season plus, than he was in his first two seasons.

I don't blame you for worrying about Burrow being hit as much as he has to this point but i do blame you for not looking at a non-contact soft tissue injury objectively, seeing how that can affect a quarterback and then using it as a reason to support your position, in the face of all arguments against--some of them coming from a person who actually works in the medical field--to claim that Burrow is now "ruined". 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling - rfaulk34 - 10-07-2023, 12:04 PM