Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The effects of losing solid vets to FA.
(10-07-2023, 01:02 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Thank you for making my point. Players lost on defense: two veteran safeties. Players still on roster: front 7. 

Perhaps, just perhaps, Bates and Bell held the other seven to a higher standard when they were here because they are vets that carried weight in the locker room. Guys that are willing to get in the front seven's faces and let them know when they are playing like shit!

I just don't think that Dax or Scott is providing that kind of leadership. It's not that they are playing bad. It's that they are both new and probably not trying to rock the boat. I guarantee you that both Bates and Bell spoke their minds in the huddle. Which makes my point about losing veteran leadership.

I get that but I don’t think vets like Reader, Hubbard, Hendrickson etc need to be motivated or told they are playing like crap. Rah-rah speeches are overrated for professional athletes. The new DBs will have growing pains but that is not the reason the front 7 is struggling.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The effects of losing solid vets to FA. - Clark W Griswold - 10-07-2023, 01:09 PM