Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The effects of losing solid vets to FA.
(10-07-2023, 01:02 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Thank you for making my point. Players lost on defense: two veteran safeties. Players still on roster: front 7. 

Perhaps, just perhaps, Bates and Bell held the other seven to a higher standard when they were here because they are vets that carried weight in the locker room. Guys that are willing to get in the front seven's faces and let them know when they are playing like shit!

I just don't think that Dax or Scott is providing that kind of leadership. It's not that they are playing bad. It's that they are both new and probably not trying to rock the boat. I guarantee you that both Bates and Bell spoke their minds in the huddle. Which makes my point about losing veteran leadership.

That's not making your point. That's you trying to use correlation in place of causation to defend your opinion. How many times did you see Bates or Bell getting into people's faces? I literally can't recall once. 

Hubbard on the line was a captain in addition to DJ Reader. Bates and Bell don't put the line in place, it's the LBs who help make those calls. Our DBs (outside of Scott sucking) have not been the problem with our defense so far. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The effects of losing solid vets to FA. - TheFan - 10-07-2023, 01:13 PM