Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling
(10-05-2023, 03:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: the offense relies on the passing game way too much. When their passing game is bad, and they still manage to win, it's usually the defense that bails them out. Rarely the run game.

People here didnt care about the run game because "we have Joe burrow" and all we need is 4ypc

well when Burrow is hurt, how you gonna win? You put the offense of Burrow's shoulders. There has never been a healthy balance with this team. And when I say balance, I dont mean equal rushing attempts to pass attempts. I mean having a run game that can be top 15 in YPC when called upon. But it's never been that way here under Joe Burrow. The run game has always been bad and inneficient 

Well then I don't blame Burrow.  I blame Coach Taylor for sometimes getting too pass happy in his play calling and forgetting to run the ball.  

If the Fans want more rushing yards, then by god stop crying every time Bengals call a run play.  Stop saying Chase is always open.   Fans need to stop wanting The Bomb every play and Boo if it is a run or short pass.  

I would love to see more run plays,  but I've heard the fans Boo on every run play and short pass.  They think Bengals should score every play and put up 60 points every game.  In your hearts you know I am right and you all have heard the fans Boo on every play that is not The Bomb.  

So if the fans want more runs, then the fans should not Boo if they call a run play, like they have been. 

Back to why is the offense struggling.  I say it's very simple.  Joe Burrow has been injured.  This offense is only as good as Joe Borrow is.  I don't think that means Joe Burrow is a problem, this team was awful before they drafted Joe Burrow.  Joe Burrow is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise.   The Offense IS struggling because Burrow happens to be injured.  That's just the Facts. 

If Burrow is healthy or injured, I would like to see 50 % of the plays run plays, I've been saying that last few years.  OH, but the Fans don't want to hear 50 % run plays.  They want The Bomb every play.   The Fans don't ever want run plays, and yet the Fans cry because not enough rushing yards.  The truth is, The Fans don't know what the heck they want.  All the Fans want to do is play the Blame Game and come up with Computer Charts and break out slide rulers to over examine and prove their answer to what is wrong with Bengals.   What is wrong with Bengals does not take rocket science.  The Star Quarterback has been Injured.  

And too those saying Burrow will never be healthy again, that is pretty stupid.  Burrow will be healthy again, and he will shut you all up as this team does start to dominate again. 

and all the fans did was Boo as Ken Anderson lay on the field injured, and they wanted the back-up QB. The Fans actually enjoyed Anderson injured on the field. But Anderson came back the next week and took The Bengals to The Super Bowl and was AFC MVP, and it showed how wrong the fans were. They were wrong about Anderson, and if they think Burrow won't come back and win, they are wrong again. I see how Las Vegas makes so much money on how wrong the fans can be.

GO BENGALS

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breakdown: Why the Offense is Struggling - kevin - 10-07-2023, 03:13 PM