Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead
(10-08-2023, 10:43 AM)pally Wrote: Bulls***!!!!!!!!
I didn't say or even imply that.  You read it with the mindset "Pally is a liberal therefore she hates Israel" which speaks to your own biases not mine.
9/11 was not the fault of the United States. However, 9/11 represented a massive failure of our various intelligence services...intelligence was ignored,  misinterpreted, and not shared.
Mossad is famous worldwide for its level of expertise and rightly so.  But if I were sitting in Tel Aviv, I would be asking how this could happen without anyone knowing anything.  And if the Israeli government doesn't investigate why they didn't have a clue, then they are failing their citizens.
Israel was the victim of a massive terrorist attack.  Israel was failed by their intelligence service missing something this massive.  Both are equally true

LOL So you blame America for 9/11 too! Wink 

Seriously, though, I think some Mossad heads will roll, when this thing is finally settled.

There is another concern here, too.

If this ATTACK was so well planned, then what about the coming DEFENSE of Gaza?

Hamas knew it could not hold territory in Israel, and that the Israeli response would be massive and deadly.
They had to know that Netanyahu would prefer attack to negotiation and build that into their planning.

Hamas can't fight back against airpower. But they know most Israelis would want to rescue hostages,
and so would not indiscriminately flatten an area throughout which hostages are distributed
(though some on the Israeli right want to flatten it anyway).

This is not like previously kidnappings to exchange for prisoners.
I'm thinking Hamas WANTS a ground incursion into GAZA to rescue hostages,
that such an incursion would be a planned for "second phase."

If so, the hostages are likely dead no matter what, along with 10s of thousands of
Palestinian civilians. But the grind through prepared defensive positions in Gaza will cost 
many more IDF lives than previous ones.

It is not easy to fathom what the endgame of all this could be. I don't see any "win" here
for Hamas unless the battle for Gaza can widen the war, either kinetically, into the West Bank,
Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, and possibly Jordan, or politically, producing pressure on Israel to
end the occupation, forcing Gulf states to back out of the Abraham Accords, and perhaps
triggering UN intervention to protect two million civilians who cannot escape
war in their open air prison.

This is all just a guess. Seems like neither the US nor Israel understand the terrain of this war very well at all.
If they don't, then neither does the international press, who are reporting the war for us.
If Hamas was able to amass such power, it means supply connections with other states/groups
were functioning at very high level while completely out of sight. Fog of war for sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead - Dill - 10-08-2023, 11:38 AM