Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead
(10-08-2023, 12:51 PM)Dill Wrote: Pardon. I should have said "describes."

The "rot at the core of the modern far left" comes from recognizing human rights as universal.

That means killing civilians is always bad, not just bad/inexcusable when Hamas does it.  

The fact that this is not a dilemma for some means the cycle of violence will likely continue, since root causes cannot be addressed
without recognizing the double standard of US/Israeli policy towards the Palestinians.

Hence the effort to frame out any connection between current violence and occupation. 

I'm sure that's how you comfort yourself for siding with terrorists.  I'm sure the mental gymnastics needed to equate Israel to terrorists is exhausting.  Whatever injustices you believe Hamas to be reacting to, they in no way come close to justifying their response.  And if people like you are any indicator, trying to "understand" them is a waste of time.  We didn't take time to reflect and understand Imperial Japan after Pearl Harbor, we destroyed them.  A similar response is entirely appropriate in this case.  But you go one making excuses for the inexcusable.

(10-08-2023, 12:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well here are words from AOCs statement yesterday.

“I condemn Hamas attack in the strongest possible terms.”

https://twitter.com/RepAOC/status/1710741263161364891

The GOP is definitely not letting this serious crisis go to waste trying to score political points. Republican national committee chair called the attacks a great opportunity for our candidates.

Good for her.  I suppose she'll be publicly condemning the group of which she is a member for their disgusting rally in support of terrorism then too.  As for scoring political points, it's not the GOP's fault that the more extreme members of the Dems are equating Hamas and the IDF, they're doing it to themselves.  Just as it is not the fault of the Dems when the more extreme GOP members step in it.

(10-08-2023, 01:03 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: They also do an insanely good job of making one question whether or not one is taking batshit crazy pills on nearly every topic. I commend them for it.

It is fascinating to see the hypocrisy of those who routinely condemn "both sides do it" arguments get full square behind a "both sides do it" defense of rape and murder.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-08-2023, 01:16 PM