Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead
This is truly a travesty. One thing is for certain, and that is that many, if not most of the casualties on either side of this conflict will be innocent people. This is the, what, fifth war Hamas has stirred up since 2007? I fear that this will be worse than any of the others, though. As much as I denounce Israeli actions, there is no excuse for what Hamas has done, here.

The lack of intelligence on this is very surprising. A lot of the analysis I have read and heard has talked about how Netanyahu is known for his ability to know about these sorts of things, especially in these occupied areas. There are questions about whether this will strengthen or weaken Netanyahu as things move away from the immediate response phase. Will he be blamed for the failure or will the country rally around him? That is the part that will be interesting to see.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead - Belsnickel - 10-08-2023, 07:49 PM