Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead
(10-08-2023, 08:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: An overlooked point in this regard, and I am not trying to make a political statement out of this, is the failure of our own intelligence agencies in this regard.  Israel is certainly more laser focused on this region than us, for obvious reasons.  But our intelligence budget dwarfs theirs and apparently we had no inkling as well.  Interesting to say the least.

While we certainly have our own HUMINT sources in the area, because of our closeness with Israel we do rely heavily on them for the network in the region. Bibi has gone big brother in Gaza in a serious way and is called "Mr. Security" as a result of it. To be clear, if our intelligence community was unaware of the plans that is shocking as well. However, and maybe I am a little bit of a conspiracy theorist here, but there is a small, not tiny, but small part of me that thinks we had an idea something was up. I don't know why, but I just feel like there is such a small chance something this significant and complex was planned without either the US or Israel knowing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead - Belsnickel - 10-08-2023, 10:02 PM