Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals’ Rushing Attack (Or Lack Thereof)
(10-09-2023, 02:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Some people just can't get it through their heads that we aren't a running team. This team doesn't care to have an above average running game. They just don't. It's not important to them.

They have an elite processing QB who you want the offense to flow through. I'd rather put the ball in Burrow's hands on 4th and 1 than give the ball to a running back.

Give me an elite QB throwing the ball 50 plus times a game any day over being stuck in the Browns "AFC North" style offense where they give the ball to Nick Chubb 30 times a game and slowly "grind teams down".

Having an elite passing attack is 100% more valuable. The run game is good enough, they are just missing depth and speed.

Idk, it sure seemed like they wanted to assert some dominance by attempting run the ball in twice, in goal line.  The problem is that it just blew up in their faces because they were doing it from the shotgun formation. Lastly, if they insist on running the ball from shotgun in short yardage situations; Mixon needs to be lined up on whichever side they are attempting to A gap, has to be a bang-bang, quick hitter, otherwise defense has time to get too many bodies in the pile.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals’ Rushing Attack (Or Lack Thereof) - SunsetBengal - 10-09-2023, 03:51 PM