Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like we finally found a decent number 4 receiver
(10-09-2023, 11:33 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I know this is going to sound crazy, but I'd rather have him in the slot than Boyd right now.

Boyd looks WASHED.

Pretty sure it's still the offense. Burrow looked much better, and Chase got fed and did Chase things, but still in that game non-Chase players averaged just 5.95 yards per catch on 21 catches.

Before Sunday, Chase was still averaging under 10 yards per catch on the year. Even with Sunday he is still 1.2 yards per catch lower than 2022 and 7.2 yards per catch lower than 2021, despite actually having a higher yards after the catch average than he did last year. His yards before catch this year are 5.5, 1.5 shorter than 2022 and 4.4 yards shorter than 2021.

I think the problem with Boyd is with such short passes being pretty much standard, Boyd isn't able to work the intermediate... because it doesn't really exist. Burrow's average completion only travels 3.6 yards in the air, 2 yards shorter than 2022, and nearly 3 yards shorter than 2021. Boyd has always lived in that 6.5-8 yards before the catch area, and now he's at 4.4 this year. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looks like we finally found a decent number 4 receiver - TheLeonardLeap - 10-09-2023, 07:48 PM