Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead
(10-10-2023, 08:33 AM)basballguy Wrote: So make an argument that IDF is terrorizing people. I’m not saying one is and the other isn’t.

What I am saying is the majority of the world calls these actions terroristic. Now I feel like you do agree this is terrorism (hence why I called it silly) but you would rather lock in on a random comment simply because you enjoy arguing with people.

Or I could be completely wrong. You could possibly think murdering teenagers in cold blood to incite fear isn’t terrorism. I doubt you feel that way though :)

I understand your point, and I don't disagree that Hamas is a terrorist organization and these are terrorist actions. I was commenting on the word choice initially because it was being used to critique news agencies. The journalists writing those articles were following the guidelines for their job in reporting the news. It frustrates me that people want them to insert subjectivity into their articles and then turn around to complain about those news agencies and journalists being too opinionated when they don't agree with the news that they report.

So anyway, I was merely trying to point out that the word choice was intentional and correct to uphold journalistic standards in response to the criticism of the word choice which was unnecessary.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead - Belsnickel - 10-10-2023, 09:51 AM