Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead
(10-10-2023, 08:47 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I guess I don't understand what you want then. I'm struggling to contextualize your beliefs about stolen land without inevitably straw manning you. 

The Palestinians lived there, then their land and homes were taken from them. Now they're living under Israeli occupation in an area where they cannot freely come and go. Many have described their living condition as an open air prison.

It's not that complicated.  The Palestinians had far more land when Israel was created than they do now.  Why is this?  Because they deliberately participated in numerous military actions aimed at the destruction if Israel.  Do I agree with Israel seizing the land after defending themselves successfully against Arab aggression?  No, ultimately it would have been better for them, morally if for no other reason, to not do so.  Do I think there wouldn't still be ongoing attempts to destroy Israel even if they had done so?  Absolutely.  This isn't a political struggle, it is a religious one.  Far too many Muslim majority nations see the destruction of Israel as a religious duty.  Why you continue to ignore their embracing terrorism as a means of retaliation is beyond me.

Quote:Under your belief that all land was taken by someone at some point, making the stolen land argument invalid, I just don't understand how that viewpoint can be taken as anything other than just, "**** Palestinians, I don't care what happens to them."

To which I would counter with this.  Much has been made in this thread about "understanding" the Palestinian actions of the past few days and why they felt they were necessary.  Why not such call for an "understanding" of why Israel had conducted themselves as they have the past sixty plus years?  Do you think Israel has had no cause to respond or act as they have?

Even if you refuse to grant the same appeal for understanding to Israel that this thread demands for the Palestinians, one must ask a simple question.  How can you even attempt to side with a people, regardless of how just you believe their ultimate cause to be, that would condone, and encourage, the wanton slaughter of civilians?  This includes the beheading of infants, the livestream murders of hostages,  the kidnapping and gang raping of women, the wholesale and deliberate slaughter of families in their homes.  If we're discussing a people who would accept, and encourage, such actions, then you are correct, I have a very hard time expressing sympathy for them, no matter how valid their initial grievances were.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-10-2023, 09:35 PM