Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underappreciated Bengal: Trey Hendrickson
(10-10-2023, 06:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember the debates about whether Bengals should have kept Lawson over Hendrickson.
Argument was Lawson was getting a lot of pressure and just unlucky closing the deal.
Meanwhile, Hendrickson had one good year with a ton of sacks but about the same number of pressures as Lawson, plus he had Jordan on the opposite side taking the focus.

I'll own up that I was one of the ones that was somewhat skeptical if Hendrickson was going to sustain his double-digit sacks and is Lawson actually about as good.
Lawson did put up 7 sacks last year with the Jets, which is right there in the Sam Hubbard range.
But Hendrickson is undoubtedly the better of the two and the Bengals made the right choice letting Lawson walk in favor of Hendrickson.

I wouldn't say Hendricks is better than Hubbard at DE. To me it's a wash, depends what you want. Hubbard is the better run stopper, better tackler, doesn't over pursue. Hendricks is better at pass rushing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most underappreciated Bengal: Trey Hendrickson - sandwedge - 10-10-2023, 10:16 PM