Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead
(10-11-2023, 11:32 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A quick question for those with the courage to answer it.  We were told repeatedly that Trump's perceived failure to condemn white supremacist supporters indicated his acceptance of their tenants.  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/30/politics/proud-boys-trump-white-supremacists-debate/index.html

Using the same logic, I ask the following.  If you refuse to condemn the actions of Hamas are you not, in the same exact fashion, at the very least condoning their behavior?

If white people were being oppressed and, as some on the right like to claim, subject to genocide (via the immigration and subsequent children of non-white people), then people fighting for white people's rights would be among the same moral grounds as Palestinians who do not condemn the actions of Hamas.

The major difference is that white people are not oppressed or being genocided. It's a fantasy cooked up in white supremacists' minds. That's why they're called "supremacists" and not freedom fighters.

To support Hamas in their war against the IDF, to thousands or maybe millions of Palestinians, is a genuine fight against their displacement and extermination. 

I imagine a lot of Palestinians are suffering through a moral quandary that is wanting their freedom, recognizing that Hamas is fighting against their oppressors but not agreeing with the horrid acts that Hamas is committing against Israeli civilians.

Or, alternatively, it's possible a lot of Palestinians are not aware of all that Hamas is doing or believe it to be a misinformation campaign led by the Israelis to sway support against their fight for freedom.

White supremacists do not suffer from such a moral quandary. They're literally just racists.

EDIT: But to answer the question flatly, yes not condemning actions is, at the very least, condoning them. The definition of condone is "accept and allow (behavior that is considered morally wrong or offensive) to continue."

I think it's safe to say that Palestinians are accepting and allowing Hamas to continue their attacks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead - CJD - 10-11-2023, 12:12 PM