Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most underappreciated Bengal: Trey Hendrickson
(10-11-2023, 10:37 AM)tms Wrote: I can only speak for myself, but I thank my lucky stars every week that NO didn't tag Trey in 2021. Imagine the roles were reversed and it was, say, Lawson doing this for the Jets (well that's an impossible scenario but just hear me out lol). We wouldn't be able to stop talking about it. I'm glad the shoe's on the other foot. He was a major coup for this team.

In terms of underappreciated on the other side of the ball, I can't help but go with Mixon. Especially this year. We have nobody behind him. And he took a pay cut to boot. Yet we don't worry about him at all. We know he'll show up every week, punch the clock and do his job with no fanfare. He's really matured as a leader in that sense, and I feel really lucky to have him on this team.

I dunno if there's much to appreciate with a RB with a 3.9 YPC, but I do think the OL is playing a (big) part in why it's not higher.

I will agree though, there isn't someone really established behind him (although I do think they need to be given more carries to see).
Trayveon Williams - 5 carries, 20 yards (4.0 YPC)
Chase Brown - 1 carry, 2 yards (2.0 YPC)
Chris Evans - 2 carries, 12 yards (6.0 YPC)

Mixon is on pace for right around the number of carries he had in 2021, which is when he made his lone pro bowl and put up 1205 yards.
Right now, Mixon's production is on pace for 1115 yards and 4 TDs. Add another ~275 yards through the air, which would be his lowest playing a full season since 2019.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most underappreciated Bengal: Trey Hendrickson - ochocincos - 10-11-2023, 12:43 PM