Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals’ Rushing Attack (Or Lack Thereof)
(10-09-2023, 01:22 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Running the ball to move the chains and sustain long drives is more important in the AFC North than in any division in the NFL. It gets cold and slick in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh so it makes sense to run under these conditions as well as when the opposing defense has a credible pass rush — which all of the AFC North teams currently do.

Why then does Cincinnati stand alone in then AFC North with a less than average run game?  Yesterday frustrated me immensely watching Joe Mixon get stuffed at the goal line TWICE.  31/32 teams have the push from the offensive line to score from the one yard line.  Why not the Bengals?

Yes, I know the NFL is primary a passing league now but sometimes one has to impose one’s will via either side A-gap.

We have a lot of passing minds on our coaching staff, not many run coaches like say Shanahan of the 49ers.

Wish we would learn what he is doing in San Fran and apply a bit of that here, but so would everybody.

(10-09-2023, 01:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They don’t stand alone. Pittsburgh has no running game either.

Beat me to it on the stealers.

(10-09-2023, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Because prior to Taylor coming into his HC role, he was just a passing game coordinator and QB coach.
Because Callahan prior to coming into his OC role was a QB coach.
Frank Pollack had only just been OL coach, not a run game coordinator or OC.

So, IMO, you have a collection of guys with a lack of experience with building an effective run game.
Maybe they could get the RB coach, Justin Hill, more involved in the running game to get it more effective?

Also beat me to it on our passing mentality coming from our coaches and Burrow.

Justin Hill needs more say I think and we need to devote more to the running game. What FIK brings up here is a legit concern.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals’ Rushing Attack (Or Lack Thereof) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-11-2023, 05:32 PM