Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead
(10-11-2023, 01:46 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Ethnic cleansing and genocide are similar in they are often used towards the same goals, but you're right that I used it inaccurately in my initial use. I was under the assumption that genocide was a blanket term referring to removal of a population of people based on ethnic or religious grounds, which would put ethnic cleansing and extermination as two categories of genocide. But upon further examination, I found that they were distinct. I'm sorry for the confusion. It was not my intention to muddy the waters.

I have zero doubt that you did not do so intentionally.  But there are a very significant number who are deliberately doing exactly that for the reasons I already stated.  Plenty of bad actors using that exact word for that exact reason.  But, again, I never would have counted you among them.

(10-11-2023, 04:57 PM)Dill Wrote: And no one is justifying it.

Pure bullshit.  Plenty of people are justifying it.  

“We, the undersigned student organizations, hold the Israeli regime entirely responsible for all unfolding violence,”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/11/business/harvard-israel-hamas-ceos-students/index.html

And that's just one quick example.  I could find hundreds, if not thousands more.

Quote:Not even people who wonder why the silence when Israelis kill civilians.

Keep banging that drum, no one in this thread is dancing to that beat.  You're so bigoted on this subject you can't even obfuscate well in it, as the above statement perfectly illustrates.

(10-11-2023, 05:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You went all the way back to quote post# 156 to give you another opportunity to remind us how bad Israel is? I think you've already mentioned that a few times in this thread. 

But he's not biased against Israel at all.  Since the thread isn't going the way he hoped he's all but retreated from it.  Sadly, for him, there's too much agreement among people having a serious discussion here.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hamas Attacks Israel: 70 Israelis, 198 Palestinians Dead - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-11-2023, 05:50 PM