Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals’ Rushing Attack (Or Lack Thereof)
(10-11-2023, 09:54 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Runs from shotgun are more efficient in nearly every way than under center. In fact, it isn't even close. Since 1999 (as far back as my data goes), shotgun runs average a full yard more per carry than under center. They convert short yardage situations more often, score touchdowns more often, have a higher amount of explosive runs, higher EPA per carry. Everything. In my head, this is likely a product of the personnel used when in shotgun. You are more likely to get favorable numbers in the box. Over his career, Mixon has also ran better from shotgun, averaging .4 yards more per carry (4.31 vs 3.93). For the season, Cincinnati is averaging 3.82 yards on designed runs, by the way. This accounts for anything like kneel downs. 

Yes the avg has kneel downs in it, 3.82 is not good either. And I may be wrong about disliking running from shotgun - I just don't like that it causes the plays to develop slower. Part of why I put the numbers up was I found the big differences in running left vs right outside and outside vs inside overall interesting. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals’ Rushing Attack (Or Lack Thereof) - Joelist - 10-11-2023, 10:09 PM