Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals’ Rushing Attack (Or Lack Thereof)
(10-12-2023, 10:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: FWIW, I specifically didn't say total yards, I was saying yards per carry. So the total rushing yards for these teams/players is not as relevant.
Josh Allen's YPC is 6.0, but he only has 15% of the team's attempts.
Mahomes is at 6.7 YPC, but he only has 16% of his team's attempts.

Burrow accounts for just 11% of the Bengals' rushing attempts.
Burrow's YPC last year was 3.4, so let's take that multiplied by his 12 attempts. That'd be an extra 31 yards compared to what he has right now.
Add the 31 to the Bengals' rushing totals, and the YPC only jumps from 3.5 to 3.8 YPC.
That's still below JAX's 3.9 team YPC, and they are 22nd in the league. So Bengals would be at least 23rd if not lower.

The efficiency/effectiveness still would not be good.

I do understand you want to point out that Mahomes and Allen do run well, but Burrow isn't going to be them as a runner. So we have to take into account instead more what he has done when healthy.

It wasn't really trying to say Joe can't run. He's not as good as Allen but I don't think that much different than Mahomes but their offensegives him more openings to take off for yards. I was genuinely curious how much of a difference it would make if he had a similar rushing output given how early it is in the season. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals’ Rushing Attack (Or Lack Thereof) - TheFan - 10-12-2023, 01:11 PM