Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024!
(10-13-2023, 08:10 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Views and clicks = money for the media

A couple years ago that Facebook whistleblower said something like (I didn’t follow too closely) their algorithms showed you content that would anger and outrage you on purpose.

What are you more likely to click on? The story you could give two shits about, or the headline that gets your blood boiling?

You're preaching to the choir on this one, my friend.  I've been banging this drum for years now.

(10-13-2023, 08:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your right. And we continued to get better every day. We wasn't perfect, but damn, we were trying. But to answer your last question, it's power IMO. But beyond that, I can't figure out the reasoning. All I know is the more hatred we have towards one another, people are getting rich off of it and it has severely weakened our country. 

I think back when 9-11 happened and it was like everyone in this country put aside differences and we were one. There didn't seem to be a divide after that for awhile. I fear we will never experience that again.

There's certainly a profit motive, as Nati states.  I think part of it is that it's easier to pull things over on people who are distracted by these types of things.  I'm not accusing any specific administration, but I do think that the liberties inherent in our system are inconvenient for some of the objectives of those in power.  I have many friends from the UK, and they've commented on how class used to be the big distractor there, but it's now becoming race.  The more you can make people concentrate on their neighbors the less they'll notice those in power picking their pockets.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Diversity is not our strength": Cincy's own Ramaswamy 2024! - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-13-2023, 08:26 PM