Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-15-2023, 01:50 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Cheap jabs is all you have to throw.  You have no counter of substance or you'd make it.  Either dispute the point being made or spare us your juvenile quippery.

I'm blaming everyone who voted in favor of the current situation.  That includes both GOP and Dem reps.  The difference between us is I see the dysfunction on both sides, albeit for different reasons.  In your partisan blindness you only find fault in one direction.  Again, you are as partisan as any of the hard core GOP posters here, you just don't realize it.

If you made a valid point I'd counter it.   Mellow

(10-15-2023, 01:44 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: There's this odd celebration of the left's cohesion around Jeffries.  As you yourself admit, you don't know much about him.  Guess what, almost no one does.  Yet, for some reason he's the unanimous pick of the Dems for speaker.  Why?  What has he done or accomplished?  I think we both follow national politics rather closely, how often has this guy's name come up in the past?  I don't think the fact that the Dems are in lockstep around an obviously handpicked successor to Pelosi is something to be inherently proud of.  It reeks of party politics and insider gaming.  There's plenty to lambast the GOP about, but not having an anointed successor is not one I'm going to level against them

He was the #2 behind Pelosi.  The Democrats do know him and they rallied around him.  Just because you don't know anything about him doesn't mean his colleagues do not.   

Or as someone told me recently "Your opinion isn't the only one that matters just because others have a different opinion than yours.".   Smirk

The gop had to make deals which ultimately bit them in the hiney.  Now they can't agree so they just quit.

You seem to want to blame the democrats you say you might be if you lived elsewhere for the gop disfunction.  

When is it ever the fault of the gop for allowing a minority of extreme members to dictate the rules? They wanted control.  They have failed miserably. 

The current leader for speaker has never done anything in the House but complain...but he was part of January 6th and is a huge supporter of P01135809.

But please, tell us about the "cult like Dems".

Every republican accusation is actually a confession.  Yours was no different.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
RE: Vote to oust McCarthy set for Tues - GMDino - 10-15-2023, 10:32 AM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM