Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I Reading Into The World Too Much?
(10-14-2023, 02:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Is this what it feels like for a World War to be starting up? Or is it just a lot of separate events being covered at once?

-Russia invaded Ukraine with help from Iran, China, Belarus
-Burma coup
-China has been eyeing and inching ever closer to Taiwan
-Germany and Japan both ramping up military spending and production, Japan in particular removing a lot of self-imposed restrictions
-Africa riddled with civil wars/coups and potential ECOWAS vs ASS (I didn't make up that acronym) war with Russia and China fanning the flames with contractors to exploit resources
-Palestine attacking Israel, Israel getting ready for large scale ground assault while Lebanon is threatening invasion of Israel from the North, and Iran just fanning all the flames
-Azerbaijan potentially invading Armenia "in the coming weeks" now according to our Secretary of State
-US finding themselves getting sucked into multiple different fronts of support, which will lead to gradual escalation of commitment

Hardly.

We've lived in a time of relative peace since WWII. Sure, there have been proxy wars and long occupations, but nothing compared to past conflicts. A worldwide catastrophe/conflict to shake things up seems a bit overdue.

The global order of things is more fragile than people think. Boiling tensions and then, just like that, a straw breaks the camel's back and everything goes to shit. 

All we can do is hope these conflicts stay regional and don't cause a domino effect. As bad as things may be for some of us, it can ALWAYS get worse.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I Reading Into The World Too Much? - NotBigzo - 10-15-2023, 08:58 PM