Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Anyone worried about the lack of the vertical passing game?
(10-16-2023, 12:17 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: McDaniel is a masterful at developing run schemes...our staff, not so much. It feels like the run game is an afterthought much of the time.

I'm a huge fan of Zac the HC. Not so much as a play caller or scheme designer. His offenses have always been inconsistent, even at their best...prone to completely disappearing for stretches of games. There just hasn't been any real evolution of this offense. IMO, they lack creativity and are a little too stubborn at times. 

I would love to see them bring someone in next year that is capable of developing an effective and adaptable run game. I know Zac likes to say they're a throwing team...but it would be nice to be able to take some pressure off Joe and put it on defenses. 

I think to a certain extent we are getting by on sheer talent alone, and have been for some time. The results have been great but you kind of get the feeling that those successes have been made much more difficult by the limitations of ZT as a play caller. Sometimes teams like Miami and KC make it look effortless out there and we seem to have a lot more difficulty putting it all together on a consistent basis. It’s not all on ZT though since it’s also a combination of an underachieving line and sub par running game.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone worried about the lack of the vertical passing game? - chrisball96 - 10-16-2023, 08:37 AM