Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone starting to get worried about Burrow?
(10-16-2023, 12:23 PM)ClarkHarris4Prez Wrote: I feel the same way dude. People really gloss over things with him. Like can you remember a single game where we’re down, he gets the ball with 2 min left and he takes us down the field and wins it for us? Aside from game one last year (which didn’t workout because of the long snapper) I can’t think of one. MUCH of his success has been with absolute clutch play from the defense, not from him. He had a chance to win us the game in the afc champ game last year at the end, we punted. In the Super Bowl we had the ball with 1:40 left I believe and just needed a fg to tie. He didn’t get it done. I’m just saying, I haven’t seen anything to show me he’s clutch. Again yesterday he got the ball, only needing one first down to seal the game and the first throw was a wasted one. Other than the Bills playoff victory the defense has bailed us out in the clutch to win all of the games, not Burrow.

My point is, the great quarterbacks are the ones where u want the ball in their hands with 2 min to go. But honestly when Burrow gets the ball in those moments I have zero confidence, and there’s no reason to. He’s never done it with us. I’ve seen Mahomes do it countless times, seen Allen do it many times and on down the line. Burrow without a clutch defense has no playoff wins. I know this will get slammed but it’s true. Like it was said he is paid to be THAY GUY, and thus far he hasn’t been. He’s been very good. We need great to win a title.

For all the negative here, let's talk about what JB has brought to Cincinnati. Playoff drought is over. We were AFC champs 2yrs ago and was in the game last year too. The FO has embraced the fact that to have a winning team, you need to build around the QB which is what they've done. JB has made it exciting to be a Bengals fan again after 30+ years of pain and disappointment. The FO has followed suit. 

JB has a bad OL again and that's not his fault. TBH, they really was great last year, but were an improvement from what we were used to seeing. If we get a great OL in front of him, your going to see the elite QB he's been known to be. And for those criticizing the dink and dunk plays, that's all on Zac I think.  

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone starting to get worried about Burrow? - HarleyDog - 10-16-2023, 01:50 PM