Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Anyone starting to get worried about Burrow?
(10-16-2023, 01:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Mahommes has 19 game winning drives (4 in the postseason) in 6+ seasons (the + is including 1 this season so far) so basically 3 GWD per season
Burrow has 9 game winning drives (2 in the postseason) in his previous 3 seasons (none so far this year) so basically 3 GWD per season

IN ADDITION: Burrow's QB rating INCREASES with each Down:
1st down 99.1 rating
2nd down 94.5 rating (ok, except 2nd down)
3rd down 100.5
4th down 111.4

In terms of quarter of the game, Burrow's 2nd best QTR is the 4th QTR
1st QTR 90.5 rating
2nd QTR 104.7 rating
3rd QTR 98.0 rating
4th QTR 99.8 rating

Need I go on?

EDITED TO ADD: Burrow needed his OL to block for 1 more second and he would've thrown the game winning pass to a wide open Chase in the Super Bowl. Not Joe's fault his OL was injured worse than the Browns front office when they traded for Watson.

Oh and those two “game winning drives” in the playoffs were both off of turnovers delivered by the defense where he only needed a first down or two to setup money Mac for the winning field goal. That’s GOOD, it’s just not great. When he’s got a normal situation (ball on his 25) and he needs to win us the game he has not done it. Literally ever. Make all the excuses u want, but when other qb’s step on the field in those situations u just know they’re going to get it done. Burrow hasn’t proved he can yet. I hope it changes, I just think people overblow who he is.

And with the talent he has to throw to AND the clutch defense he’s had….hes had alot of help.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone starting to get worried about Burrow? - ClarkHarris4Prez - 10-16-2023, 03:47 PM