Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for the luv of GOD, a legit TE please !
(10-17-2023, 07:19 AM)Synric Wrote: Never understood the whole "Bengals don't use TEs" it's false. Yes the offense revolved around the boundary receivers they were the big playmakers but Hurst was averaging 6 targets 4 catches a game right now the entire TE room is averaging about 2 targets 1 catch a game.

The Bengals have increased in pass attempts but the targets to the TE and RBs have gone down. Doesn't help that Ja'Marr Chase and Drew Sample are both taking running back reps regularly and they really shouldn't.

I agree I don’t think that it’s that they never use tight ends just, and don’t get me wrong if we had even a serviceable TE we’d be in much better shape. Because the guys we’ve got right now you almost don’t have to guard in the passing game.

At the same time if you want an impact TE it’s going to cost you and I’m not sure how much capital we want to expend on that position given what we’re spending at other skill positions.

If we can draft a decent TE next year I’m all for it or trade for someone who is at least able to run routes and catch the ball this year. But I don’t see any other options to really move the needle for this position at least for this year. It’s time to roll with Hudson or Wilcox and see what they can do.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: for the luv of GOD, a legit TE please ! - chrisball96 - 10-17-2023, 08:39 AM