Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s Your College’s Graduation Rate?
(10-17-2023, 12:14 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Pretty similar story to mine. No one in my family had ever gone to college before me, so it just wasn't a thing that my parents thought of much. I only did it because it was just "the thing to do". I wasn't the greatest student in high school. I was a class clown, hated keeping up with my homework and made OK grades. Nothing special. Nothing for a scholarship, surely. So, I went to a community college and actually started enjoying school. I found I liked math quite a bit, statistics even more. I went to the satellite campus and graduated without issue to go into the "real" world as I saw it. I had been working full-time throughout most of this, but it still felt like I was a kid goofing off. 

I too sometimes wish I had actually gotten the college experience, but I think it was for the best that I didn't. I wasn't much of a partier but I think introducing all of those distractions would have made it more difficult for me to come out as well as I did. I would've chased girls, undoubtedly. Instead, I graduated with no debt and an immediate job. I'm happy it worked the way it did. 

I could have written exactly what you wrote, except for the math part.  Math is from Satan, to my mind LOL

You mentioned scholarships, which reminded me of my own school financing,  During my night school days I did borrow some money for classes but mostly paid out of pocket as I went.  At the time I graduated I owed only $4,100.00.  Can you imagine that now, only $4.1k in loans?  It's absolutely insane what an education costs these days.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What’s Your College’s Graduation Rate? - Awful Llama - 10-17-2023, 12:30 PM