Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you like going into the year with HIGH expectations?
(10-17-2023, 01:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now that the season has reached the bye week, seems like as good a time as any to reflect back on what are expectation levels were at the onset of the year compared to now 6 games in.

Do you, still feel the same as you did in August about the Bengals' chances this year?

If yes, what changes in how the team has been operating do you expect them to address during the course of the bye week?

If no, what has caused you to change your opinion in such a relatively short span of time?

I'd say I don't feel as good about our chances right now, but predominantly that's due to the QB's health. It seems he's turning a corner on that which is good, but until we see a bit more from the offence it's tough to feel certain they'll get it going. OL seems to finally be going the right way with some consistency. TE has been a real drop off. Niners/Bills games will be a real gauntlet for seeing who we are this year.

Defence obviously had a bad one in Tennessee, but in general I think we've still got a top calibre defence that can win games if needed. That's reassuring for me.

Hope is that this year is a little like last year, play our best stuff when it matters. These last two games have certainly been a good step forward, and if we mix it with the teams we see in the 2nd half of our schedule, then no reason to think we aren't a contender.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you like going into the year with HIGH expectations? - TheCincinnatiKid - 10-17-2023, 01:54 PM