Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Best Bengals team of all time
(10-18-2023, 03:51 PM)tms Wrote: I'm gonna go with 1993. New quarterback who finally had the job to himself, which left DCs around the league scrambling like chickens with their heads cut off. Backfield had emerged as a dynamic duo, running behind a line that was second to none. Had Pickens played the full year it would have been lights out- since we already knew how Query could singlehandedly dominate games. On the other side of the ball, we had just drafted Copeland ("Bruce Smith clone" as he was known at the time) to play next to Krumrie in the prime of his career. I can't remember how many sacks JC ended up with but suffice to say he took the league by storm and gave rival quarterbacks sleepless nights. We had a weak linebacking corps but our corners were spectacular, and had the Ravens not come around seven years later we might still consider the overall unit as the NFL GOAT. Plus, our head coach was really coming into his own with a new owner demonstrably committed to the product on the field.

We suffered some bad luck and fell just short of a Lombardi but I'd love a chance to do it again.

I had forgotten about that edition. 

81 or 21. Hmm. 21. A heartbeat away.

The 88 team was more fun, but 81 was all around a better team.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Bengals team of all time - BRM13 - 10-17-2023, 10:40 PM
RE: Best Bengals team of all time - BRM13 - 10-19-2023, 12:52 AM
RE: Best Bengals team of all time - tms - 10-18-2023, 03:51 PM
RE: Best Bengals team of all time - SladeX - 10-18-2023, 08:14 PM