Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-18-2023, 08:10 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you have the time here's a good news report addressing much of it.  I've found Channel 4's news to be the all around best.

As for the New York Times, I've seen varying versions of the following picture.

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.ama...x1462.jpeg]

I know there's some mitigating at the end of the first headline, but you're smart enough to know why that headline is effed up.

As for Tlaib, here's her original Tweet;
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

While the first headline is not technically misinformation as what they stated was accurate, taking Hamas' word for anything isn't smart and I would have suggested more qualifying language in the headline. That's just me.

As for Tlaib, the fact that she hasn't course corrected after our own government has stated that the likely source for the explosion was a misfired jihadist rocket is asinine. She should be derided for that. I understand being skeptical of Israeli statements; they are not known for being honest about the whole situation there. However, when you ignore our own intelligence agencies, well, now you're just in Trump territory. And I know Flynn was once head of the DIA and he had at least one-to-many TBIs that caused him to go a little off the rails (sorry, this is on my mind after a conversation I had this weekend with an analyst friend), but generally speaking our intelligence community is very good at what they do.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Belsnickel - 10-18-2023, 08:25 PM