Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brian Callahan going OFF on the offense
(10-18-2023, 11:10 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It has everything to do with how they have drafted. You wouldn't have to go out and aquire outside help if you would have drafted better. 

The drafting has been terrible but so had the coaching. Both things are true. 

Who does the drafting fall on? That's my biggest question. Is it more Duke getting his guys? Are they drafting guys Pollack wants? I know they brought in Paul Alexander as a consultant for the Carman pick. Who's it fall on?

Definitely falls on Duke. It was talked about during the Marvin 2.0 era, that Marvin wanted the coaches to have more say in prospects and who got drafted. Towards the end of his tenure here, it seemed like it became Duke vs. Marvin in the war room. I believe when Zac came on board, it was known that Duke was going to be the head honcho in the draft process. Zac has mentioned before that Duke comes to the coaches with the prospects in January/February and then the coaches work from there, but Duke is the one in charge on draft day.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian Callahan going OFF on the offense - Bengal Dude - 10-19-2023, 01:15 AM