Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-18-2023, 09:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: What’s wrong with that NYT headline? They clearly say who made the claim. In the headline.

Precisely.  They used the claim of a known terrorist agency in their headline.  Here would be an appropriate headline, "Explosion at Gazan Hospital, Cause Unknown".  Then, in the actual article, you can mention that Hamas claimed it was the IDF, which should obviously be followed by a statement that they offered no proof of such claims.  As I said earlier, the headline in question sets the narrative for the whole article without you having to read a single word.  How many people only read the headline?  Quite a lot.

Quote:I really doubt all the Arab countries use American news source as their go to. Sure some see it. But like us most of us don’t see their news sources. I would guess the headlines from their news organizations were much worse than ours.

No, they don't "use it", in the manner you're referring to.  But they definitely use it to justify their own perceptions.  "See, even the Americans agree that the IDF bombed the hospital".  Several US news outlets handed Hamas a huge propaganda victory over this issue.  Even if irrefutable evidence comes out that contradicts Hamas, which largely has already happened, the damage is done.  I learned something very early in my career, people tend to believe the first thing they hear on a subject, especially if they're already inclined to believe it.  It takes a lot of convincing and evidence to change someone's position, not nearly as much to create it in the first place.  You'll still get a large number of people who will believe Hamas, but why would you want to create more of them?

Quote:As for Talib making baseless claims. She needs to stfu. As far as I’m concerned Talib and Cori Bush rank right up there with Jim Jordan and George Santos and our country would be better off with them cleaning bathrooms at Walmart.

Can't argue with that.  You can add MTG, Boebert, AOC and Omar to that list as well.  But Boebert can clean my bathrooms instead.  Cool
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-19-2023, 01:50 AM