Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-18-2023, 09:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My OP was only meant to point out the disinformation being put out within minutes (not hours) Israel strike on hospital in Gaza kills 100's. Then Talib uses the misinformation and tweets it as fact to the world. Now we have American embassies facing violent protests in the middle east. We have a protest at the capital where Talib doubled down and blamed Israel.

The NYT has walked back their reporting, but the match was lit. Talib expands the propaganda versus setting the record straight to protesters today, she refuses to ever accept the facts.

Do you think the CNN (international news desk) and NYT retractions will make the damage go away. Hamas and other terrorists within Gaza are using them as human shields. My guess is they still think Israel attacked the hospital because CNN and NYT said they did as well as a US Congress Woman. The answer by many is to ignore it. That would be a huge mistake and exactly what a terrorist organization like Hamas wants.

This is a world disinformation article, a war of words Hamas wins when they bomb their own, but can get the media and politicians to say Israel did it. It amazes me people dismiss women being raped, kidnapped, babies killed and in some cases beheaded, babies kidnapped. People dancing and celebrating peace one minute and dead or kidnapped the next. They were not soldiers, they were citizens just like many of us. I hope people realize what happened in Israel can happen in the US. I hope people realize the 2nd amendment may save lives if a Hamas, Isis or terror group attacks the wrong family.

What you get with a 24 hour news cycle is initial reports so they can be "first" that many times change as new information comes in.

This covers ALL media these days.  And they will change leads, stories, etc.  Sometimes they issue retractions.  Sometimes they put a small note at the bottom of the article that it was updated with whatever information.

Anyone who follows the media should know to hold up when making decisions, forming opinions, based on the first article.

Now that is for currently happening news.

There are also plenty of investigative articles that are good because they took the time to verify sources and facts.  And even they have to issue corrections sometimes.

There was a story before the bombing at the hospital saying that Israel had told the doctors to leave and they refused.  Then there was a bombing.

Both sides blamed each other. Let's not pretend like both side have not killed civilians.

Welcome to war.

EDIT TO ADD: The sheer amount of misinformation out there. Not just from Hamas or Israel but from Russia or Jordan or even Egypt. And it is shared with open arms on social media here in the US and around the world.

Let's not forget that our own government had no problem lying to us about what we did in Vietnam as long as it kept any support for the war going.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - GMDino - 10-19-2023, 09:11 AM