Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brian Callahan going OFF on the offense
(10-19-2023, 10:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Sure, that wasn't my argument at all. If everyone gets an A on a test, then everyone did great. If everyone gets a D, then everyone did poorly. There is an established scale for tests. That scale doesn't exist for sports. It has to be relative. If a QB has a 65% completion percentage in 2023, they are doing OK. Slightly below league average. It isn't "good" regardless of your personal feelings about it. Maybe by 2030, it'll be considered good again, these things ebb & flow. 

Exactly. In 1964 the World Record for 100 meter dash was set at 10.06... in 2020 the QUALIFYING standard was 10.05.

Just because you say "I got a 10.06 and I consider that a winning score regardless of when" doesn't change the fact that you wouldn't even qualify today and would be watching from home while the winner ran a 9.80 in the finals.

It's crazy to see how fast the average passing stats have risen in the NFL over the years with all the rule changes and protections put in for QBs...
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/NFL/passing.htm
...the year Carson Palmer was drafted (2003) the average QB completed 58.8% of their passes for 200.4 passing yards per game and a QB Rating of 78.3. The year Joe Burrow got drafted? 65.2% completion, 240.2 passing yards per game and a 93.6 QB Rating was AVERAGE.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian Callahan going OFF on the offense - TheLeonardLeap - 10-19-2023, 12:29 PM