Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brian Callahan going OFF on the offense
(10-18-2023, 04:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We heard during the Dalton era that an offense shouldn't need a full set of strong weapons and good OL to be effective.
Having a good QB and just 2 offensive weapons and just a decent OL should be enough that you can be top half of league with some cheaper veterans and/or mid-late round draft picks.
The Bengals should be able to be a Top 10 offense with Burrow, Chase, and Higgins. Add in Boyd and Mixon and this should easily be a Top 5 offense.

Higgins has been even less than JAG this year.  Some stats I saw for Higgins are just alarming.

His catch % is 41.2%, dead last among receivers with 25+ targets and the next worst is 52%, miles better.  He's winning only 18.2% of contested balls and he has a drop rate of 17.6%.

I'm not for out and out benching the guy, but it may be time to start cutting his snaps and working Irwin and Iosivas more into the mix.  I'm not one to Stan for the backups, but Tee has been pathetic and the only time the offense went off was when he was out of the lineup.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian Callahan going OFF on the offense - Whatever - 10-19-2023, 01:24 PM