Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-19-2023, 09:12 PM)Dill Wrote: Yeah, Luvint seemed, or wanted, to think that Tlaib was a cause of all that ME rioting.

You really don't read anything before commenting on it, do you?  He said she helped, and continues to help spread and legitimize Hamas proaganda.  Which is a factual statement.

Quote:I too am curious as to why the sudden outrage over "misinformation" which, unlike that on the most popular cable news show,
was quickly corrected. And why is someone who in the past has been so susceptible to it is suddenly choosing that hill to die on.
That's a question about how US politics are invested in the Arab-Israeli conflict. Within the US balance of political forces, why
does that conflict so often create such fear of tipped balance and/or a surge opportunistic propaganda?

What is it about the far lefties on this board that they literally cannot address the point being made.  Like your pal Pally (see what I did there?) you turn it into a whatabout argument

Quote:Luvnit's post seems prompted by worry about Israel's "reputation," hence his inflating the possible damage thereto. 
On the most popular US cable channel, referencing the occupation isn't just anti-semitism; it is "supporting Hamas."

Absence of information, over decades, is a kind of disinformation as well.

Actually his main point is that the NYT, and others, helped spread Hamas propaganda.  This endangers US lives, threatens to widen the conflict, and will cause more loss of life as well as damage Israel's reputation.  So no, his concern is clearly not just with Israel's reputation.  I can safely say that because I actually read what he wrote.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-20-2023, 01:42 AM