Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Trump election lawyer pleads guilty to attempting to overthrow our democracy
(10-20-2023, 11:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's what I was going to bring up in the fake news thread...people are angry.  There is big money in feeding our addictions to self-righteous rage.  The issue is that you don't often hear people saying "I was overcome with anger...and then I made the best decision of my life and I'm really grateful I did it and I owe it all to being blinded with rage!"

The most cynical part of me is convinced in 9/11 happened today half of the country would cheer (ditto for if Florida were wiped out by a cataclysmic natural disaster while DeSantis fiddled far away in safety).  We love to hate, and when people love to hate they can only hate the outside world for so long before to take it out on those within your own house.  Thems the breaks. 

It's anger and it's an addiction.  Most people don't credit anger and addiction for their successes.

They've always been angry.

There is ALWAYS a group that is angry.  Angry that Trump is being held accountable.  Angry that Biden won. Angry that Clinton lost. Angry that a black man was POTUS. Angry that GW isn't tried for war crimes. Angry that Bill Clinton got a BJ. Angry Bush the 1st raised taxes. Angry that Reagan dealt arms to Iran. Angry that Carter let Iran hold our hostages. Angry that women could get credit cards on their own. Angry that Ford was even POTUS. Angry that Nixon resigned instead of fighting. Angry at the Civil Rights Act. Angry at the conspiracy behind the JFK assassination. Angry that women got the right to vote. Angry at the 40 hour work week. Angry at child labor laws. Angry at unions. Angry at ending slavery. Angry that we fought England.

Always.

But it was refined and used by Newt Gingrich in the 90's to create  a solid voting bloc.

(BTW, that 1995 article is FILLED with tidbits like his wife saying he can't run for POTUS unless she agrees...meanwhile he has an affair and leaves her four years later.)

The talking heads tried to deny it, but the angry white guy was their building bloc then just as the Southern Strategy was in the 70's.  And the Venn diagram of those two things is a circle too...lol.

What we see with the P01135809 supporters is just a continuation:  *I* have been wronged!  Things changed and *I* do not like it!  People are different than *ME*!  Eet cetera, et cetera..."Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera..."Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!

And YES the media feeds it because they make money off it!  

Why do you hate capitalism?!?!  Ninja

The question I asked before is:  IF/when P01135809 stops running for office does the gop try to get back to rational, policy driven candidates or continue to cater to the MAGA crowd because they created a monster that they cannot afford to lose control of?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump election lawyer pleads guilty to attempting to overthrow our democracy - GMDino - 10-20-2023, 11:25 AM