Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brian Callahan going OFF on the offense
(10-20-2023, 12:44 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Think it's important to note that many of the more potent offenses over the years are also on a downturn. Is the downturn as worse as ours? No. But it's still a downturn.

Mahones stats this year are down relative to Mahones standards.

Hurts already has as many picks this year that he did last year, postseason included.

Maybe defenses are just getting better and starting an overdue correction to rule changes and "muh passing league". Has anyone actually considered that?

Think of it like this, the best team in the NFL right now is who? The Detroit Lions. I haven't seen many games, but i've heard their offense is really, really balanced.

The Sewell-Chase debate has taken an unexpected twist. If my theory is correct, smashmouth football is making a comeback.

As others have said on the board, offense is down this year for sure, as you can see here, with a few quotes below: https://sports.yahoo.com/the-overhang-nfl-scoring-is-down-and-offenses-have-been-sputtering-and-heres-why-130059011.html#:~:text=NFL%20offensive%20statistics%20in%202023,the%20lowest%20in%20a%20decade.

Quote:NFL offenses have been sputtering, scoring the fewest points per game through the opening six weeks (20.5) since 2010.

Quote:NFL offenses had an offensive success rate of 41.2% and passing success rate of 43.7% through the first six weeks of this season. Both are the third-lowest rates in their categories since 2000 and the lowest in a decade.

So even healthy offenses have been struggling, and we had a very injured QB for the start of the season. Glad to see it's not just a Bengal thing. 
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brian Callahan going OFF on the offense - chrisball96 - 10-20-2023, 12:52 PM