Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-20-2023, 06:09 PM)Dill Wrote: He also said (your emphasis):

Then the squad used their bad reporting and caused a ton of harm, not only in the US, but the world. 
We know Talib hates Jewish people so know her motivation.

Which is not all that "factual."   So I also said in response, post #32:

Yes, her repeating it, even after it was debunked was, is and will continue to cause harm.  This is factual.  Just as people repeating the "big lie" were, are and will continue to cause harm. I will concede that we can't know for sure that Tlaib is an antisemite, but if she's not she's doing an awfully good job of imitating one.

Quote:It is very unlikely that crowds protesting before US embassies throughout the Middle East are reacting to Tlaib and the NYT. 
And, of course, that Tlaib was a cause of all that rioting.

He didn't say she was the cause of the rioting.  He said her spreading Hamas propaganda was contributing to it.  Why do you lie about things so easily debunked?

Quote:Which is all "addressing the point being made," just refusing to buy into the hyperbole.
In Arab countries, full of people who don't read English, their press went with the story as quickly as the NYT.  So Occam's Razor. 

Of course they did, they'd blame Israel even if Hamas flat out claimed responsibility.  This surprises no one.

Quote:Pally was quite right. The Times report probably moved the needle for no one, especially after the retraction. 
So ME rioting, sure. Caused by Tlaib, HIGHLY doubtful.

At this point I must reiterate that you clearly don't read posts before responding to them.  I've addressed this disingenuous assertion from you already.  Again, why do you repeat lies that are so easily disproven by simply reading the posts in this thread?  Do you think people are that stupid?

Quote:And unless someone can show otherwise, time to stop stirring up that tempest in a teapot and focus on actions which
will actually have the impact you falsely attribute to a retracted news story.

The NYT and Tlaib repeating and reinforcing terrorist propaganda is indisputably a boon to Hamas and their terrorist cause.  As already stated, it didn't create the fire, it just threw gasoline on it.

Quote:Yeah, the very "main point" which I read and disputed. And no one said his concern was "just with" Israel's reputation. I raised the question of how US politics are inflected with Israel's, to that point that Israel's reputation can upset a balance of forces in our politics. That's why I think he is concerned with Israel's reputation; you are more concerned the NYT's reputation.

Another comprehension fail.  I'm concerned with how this will assist a terrorist organization to spread its vile message and widen a conflict already in danger of spreading.  That the NYT and Tlaib are assisting in this endeavor certainly caused us to comment on them.

Quote:For the moment, the more direct threat to US lives appears to be the irrational hype of Palestinian "evil" in right wing media, which apparently led to the stabbing death of a Palestinian child in Chicago. That's the first casualty on US soil. 

Dear god, you are far more of a rigid ideologue than I ever suspected.

Quote:What threatens to widen the conflict, and endanger US lives over the long term, is the US coming down hard on the Israeli side, after winking at their "end around" the Palestinian question.

One of the most fascinating things about this conflict is how much the mask is slipping off some people's faces.  You've literally shown that arguing with you on the topic of Israel, or Islam in general, is like trying to convince a Klan member that racism is bad.  You come off as an ideological extremist, or you're doing an awfully good job of imitating one.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-20-2023, 06:26 PM