Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-20-2023, 06:09 PM)Dill Wrote: He also said (your emphasis):

Then the squad used their bad reporting and caused a ton of harm, not only in the US, but the world. 
We know Talib hates Jewish people so know her motivation.

Which is not all that "factual."   So I also said in response, post #32:

It is very unlikely that crowds protesting before US embassies throughout the Middle East are reacting to Tlaib and the NYT. 
And, of course, that Tlaib was a cause of all that rioting.

Which is all "addressing the point being made," just refusing to buy into the hyperbole.
In Arab countries, full of people who don't read English, their press went with the story as quickly as the NYT.  So Occam's Razor. 
Pally was quite right. The Times report probably moved the needle for no one, especially after the retraction. 
So ME rioting, sure. Caused by Tlaib, HIGHLY doubtful.

And unless someone can show otherwise, time to stop stirring up that tempest in a teapot and focus on actions which
will actually have the impact you falsely attribute to a retracted news story.

Yeah, the very "main point" which I read and disputed. And no one said his concern was "just with" Israel's reputation. I raised the question of how US politics are inflected with Israel's, to that point that Israel's reputation can upset a balance of forces in our politics. That's why I think he is concerned with Israel's reputation; you are more concerned the NYT's reputation.

For the moment, the more direct threat to US lives appears to be the irrational hype of Palestinian "evil" in right wing media, which apparently led to the stabbing death of a Palestinian child in Chicago. That's the first casualty on US soil. 

What threatens to widen the conflict, and endanger US lives over the long term, is the US coming down hard on the Israeli side, after winking at their "end around" the Palestinian question.

All good points Dill, but what's the point in trying?

You will be told YOU don't understand and are being "disingenuous" (possibly deliberately so) and if you had any reading comprehension skills you'd see why they are right and you are wrong.  Again.

And how could anyone else understand the TRUE reasons behind what the media posts and Tlaib says?!?!

Obviously no one with a background such as yours could possibly be able to break down posts by the absolute least partisan posters!  Ninja

All seriousness aside they are as bad with Tlaib as others are with P01135809 only they have wait and search for her do something while he does something every day.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - GMDino - 10-20-2023, 06:34 PM