Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-20-2023, 06:26 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yeah, the very "main point" which I read and disputed. And no one said his concern was "just with" Israel's reputation. I raised the question of how US politics are inflected with Israel's, to that point that Israel's reputation can upset a balance of forces in our politics. That's why I think he is concerned with Israel's reputation; you are more concerned the NYT's reputation.
Another comprehension fail.  I'm concerned with how this will assist a terrorist organization to spread its vile message and widen a conflict already in danger of spreading.  That the NYT and Tlaib are assisting in this endeavor certainly caused us to comment on them.

For the moment, the more direct threat to US lives appears to be the irrational hype of Palestinian "evil" in right wing media, which apparently led to the stabbing death of a Palestinian child in Chicago. That's the first casualty on US soil. 

Dear god, you are far more of a rigid ideologue than I ever suspected.

What threatens to widen the conflict, and endanger US lives over the long term, is the US coming down hard on the Israeli side, after winking at their "end around" the Palestinian question.

One of the most fascinating things about this conflict is how much the mask is slipping off some people's faces.  You've literally shown that arguing with you on the topic of Israel, or Islam in general, is like trying to convince a Klan member that racism is bad.  You come off as an ideological extremist, or you're doing an awfully good job of imitating one.

You were asked to SHOW that the NYT's corrected misreporting and Tlaib's repetition of it have the effect in the ME that you and Luvnit claim for it. That would mean showing how an English language report and Tlaib made a difference in an Arab media environment already saturated with the Hospital story. Your response is that it just "indisputibly" does. So you've SHOWN nothing.

When I suggest US support for Israeli policies ignoring the Palestinian question will pose a greater threat to US lives and interests in the long run than Tlaib and the corrected report, you don't bother offering evidence to the contrary. Dismissing my invitations to offer reasons, you trot out a Klan analogy to explain why I can't be reasoned with. How's that not just policing for ideological conformity--and a dodge?

And if I refuse to jump on the hate bandwagon that lead to a child's death, that cements my "rigid ideologue" status. 

In your world, it's the guy reasoning from and asking for evidence who "comes off as an ideological extremist." 

So I don't see a real concern about damage to the US in all this or how what might actually be moving events in the ME. You've rejected two chances to substantively discuss that in favor of a Klan analogy and personal attacks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Dill - 10-21-2023, 09:50 AM