Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-21-2023, 11:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Do you really think I'm going to continue to address things already addressed that you repeat again and again and again?  As is always the case with you, you get answers, twist them and repeat your question.

Here are some indisputable facts.  The NYT repeated Hamas propaganda.  Tlaib continues to repeat Hamas propaganda, despite it being debunked by US intelligence.  Neither of these facts can be disputed.  You disagree as to the extent of the damage done by this.  Fine.  You think a major US paper and a sitting congressperson who gets tons of publicity laundering Hamas propaganda does no damage to US interests and doesn't put US lives in danger.  Fine.  I find that that to be so obviously untrue that only a pure ideologue would think otherwise.  At the end of the day that is the crux of this discussion.  Given your posting history I dare say no one is surprised by your position on this.  At all.

I think you won't continue to claim that I "lied" when I said Luvnit said Tlaib CAUSED ME unrest. So no, you won't continue accusing me of failure to read what he actually wrote and not "addressing points actually made." You will continue to make unsupported claims about issues and then call them "already addressed" when asked for evidence. That is a tactic.

Since no one disputes that Tlaib repeated the erroneous claim about the hospital strike. Or that she continued to repeat it afterwards. Maybe you no longer need to keep claiming that is a "fact" and "indisputable" as if someone were disputing it.  

You finally got the bolded right. But then you have to add that I claim "no damage to US interests" etc. I guess you put those words in my mouth so you could find them "obviously untrue." If you are not an ideologue, then stop this insistent misrepresentation of my arguments.

US interests and lives ARE going to be in danger, given that the US has not only sided with Israel, but is sending material support and troops to aid it as well. Given that, it's very hard to see any coming damage as somehow directly attributable to Tlaib and NYT story, which was also reported in the WSJ. https://www.wsj.com/business/media/confusion-over-gaza-hospital-blast-shows-challenge-for-journalists-covering-israel-hamas-conflict-238922b9. What reason is there to believe otherwise? If you don't have a reason, and US security is really your concern, then why keep banging the Times rather than addressing policies which have actually elevated the threat? 
The "tons of publicity" you reference are going to be in this country, NOT in the ME. Though that doesn't mean some guy in Egypt who reads English wasn't pushed to throw a rock at the US embassy because of Tlaib. But if he reads Al Aribiya too, how can we tell which really motivated him?

What IS going to draw fire down on US interests is US support for Israeli's attempt to go around the Palestinian question. If and when that trouble does come, I won't be surprised if right-leaning members of this forum blame it on the Times and Tlaib. If so, it will be more deflection from the real causes of the current conflict, with the goal of keeping intact a rightwing perspective on domestic and foreign policy.

No reason to believe Luvnit has a clue to what those causes are, or interest in learning about them, but you do have a clue, given my "posting history" of deploying Israeli historians and news sources to counter disinformation about the Arab-Israeli conflict. You cannot label your way out of that by calling me the "pure ideologue." 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Dill - 10-21-2023, 01:51 PM