Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-21-2023, 09:25 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I really dislike the waiving of the bloody shirt tactic.  But I'll make an exception to use your own BS against you.
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2023/10/21/detroit-synagogue-president-found-dead-at-home-police-say/71272065007/
A Rabbi was stabbed to death in Tlaib's district today.  We have as much proof it was motivated by Tlaib's rhetoric as you had for blaming the right wing media for the death of a Palestinian child in deep red Chicago, so I have no doubt you'll be consistent and blame Tlaib for this woman's death.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend. 

How is my mention of a six-year-old boy's murder "BS"?  Police say his death was a consequence of the kind of hatred you continue to fan.

You are over-confidently wrong in your assumption we "have as much proof" that the Rabbi's murder was motivated by Tlaib's rhetoric. So far police have no motive in her death; they do in the boy's. Yet you are not waiting to find out before you link the death, not just to the current conflict, but to Tlaib specifically. 

This jump-to-conclusion is the kind of error you were all over the Times about. But they correct their errors. 

If this Rabbi was killed by someone heated up by "Tlaib's rhetroric," that doesn't somehow balance or justify the child's death or justify your jump-to-conclusion, or invalidate my position that stoking hate is a bad thing. I'll just expand that now to say that continuing to fan the flames of hatred is bad no matter is doing it or whom the object. 

So stop it. 

Your link says: The motive for the killing was unknown, police said.

My link says: https://news.yahoo.com/funeral-held-chicago-area-muslim-134128051.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
Prosecutors alleged at the hearing that Czuba grew angry about the war and concerned about his Muslim tenants after listening to conservative talk radio, the Chicago Sun-Times reported.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Dill - 10-22-2023, 09:52 AM