Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for the luv of GOD, a legit TE please !
(10-22-2023, 09:03 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Read about a “hypothetical” trade with the Giants for Darren Waller.  Typically these hypothetical trades are stupid, but this one makes sense.  Wonder how much it would take to get him and does this team have the cap space?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darren Waller would be very cheap in 2023 for the Bengals. They are only responsible for his base salary the per game roster bonuses (which would be 7 games less after today). He would count for about 1.5m against thr cap for 2023 and they could cut him for 0 dead cap after this year.

Now two reasons one by each team why it won't happen. The Bengals are at .500 right now and starring down the 2nd hardest remaining schedule. It only makes sense if it was a late day 3 pick and the Bengals climb to thr playoffs. If the Bengals go 0-2 over the next couple weeks then they need to be collecting draft picks if they can not giving them up. 

The reason the Giants won't trade Waller is more simple. The draft compensation probably won't be worth the 10 million they handed him at the start of the year when they traded for him and restructured his contract.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: for the luv of GOD, a legit TE please ! - Synric - 10-22-2023, 10:57 AM