Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation
(10-21-2023, 02:07 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're really incapable of not blowing anything into a doctoral dissertation are you?  You're position is wrong on its face, you don't think a US congressperson spreading terrorist propaganda is harmful to US interests or endangers US lives.  Maybe it's because you doubt Hamas is a terrorist organization?
So, I'll ask point blank, as it's rather germane.  Do you think Hamas is a terrorist organization?

Sure, Hamas is a terrorist organization arising from dispossession and an illegal occupation which denies 5 million Palestinians basic human rights.

If Hamas were not a terrorist group, that would not make a difference in assessing a factually erroneous claim about who bombed the hospital. 
So the answer to your terrorist question is not "germane" to anything we've been discussing.

And for the second time, my position is not "a US congressperson spreading terrorist propaganda isn't harmful to US interests etc." 

My position is--If some group attacks Americans in the near future because of the current conflict, they won't be chanting "Because Israel bombed that hospital like Tlaib said!"

You were asked to explain why her comments should be more likely to incite violence than sending direct aid and troops to support their assault on the already besieged Gaza, and that after a decade of supporting policies which separate the Palestinian question from peace with Arab states.

If you cannot do that, then you ought to at least explain why you wish to continue hyping her remarks, and a corrected Times error, instead of discussing what would be the more likely motivation for such attacks--all while styling people who don't share your selective emphasis on rhetoric "rigid ideologues."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for NYT, CNN and squad members to report misinformation - Dill - 10-22-2023, 10:58 AM