Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama
(10-22-2023, 07:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: That said, at least to me it sure seems like enabling and empowering Gaetz is by far the worse of the two evils. 

Gaetz wants his name out there for money and clout, so regardless of what happens he's getting exactly what he wants and that includes democrats deciding they want to protect Kevin McCarthy from his own party. That would just lead to Gaetz talking about how he's the only real republican who stood up to a guy who is such a RINO democrats voted for him. He'd ride that right to the governor's mansion in Florida. Gaetz is going to win, you just have to accept that. People like him are why so many people choose to believe in karma or eternal damnation to combat the frustration that he doesn't get what he deserves on this mortal coil.

But like I said, McCarthy said "protect me and I'll give you bastards nothing" and democrats actually didn't just say "Yes sir" and let someone who was negotiating from a position of weakness walk all over them.  To me it shows that people have just expected democrats to surrender, even when they have the power to fight back.  That's our system.  The GOP represents fewer voters, but they get more power because they're republicans and that's just the way it is.

I can't express how surprised I am that democrats chose this point to actually give a politically belligerent person the middle finger and let him face his own problems and his own party.  But as I said, democrats protecting McCarthy just leads to that picture of him crawling back to Trump at Mar A Lago with a narrator saying "You voted for democrats, and they Donald Trump's underling from being removed from power."

Right or wrong, as someone who went crawling back to the democrats after 2020 made it clear my "both parties are the same" narrative wasn't holding water in the MAGA era I can tell you if democrats actually make a point to vote for and protect someone so close to Trump I'm going right back to throwing my vote away on 3rd party candidates.  That's beyond weak.  If I wanted Kevin McCarthy in power I'd be a republican, because he's not the type you can even delude yourself into calling a moderate.

Anyways, are they even going to bother voting today or should we just give them another week off with pay?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-03-2023, 12:35 PM
House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - pally - 10-20-2023, 01:10 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-20-2023, 01:42 PM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - Nately120 - 10-23-2023, 10:11 AM
RE: House Speaker Ongoing Melodrama - CJD - 10-25-2023, 06:18 PM